Wednesday, March 25, 2009

GEORGIKIDS UBP SHINDIG---STARTS NOW!!!!!


Okay ladies, the Georgikids Mid-Week UBP SHindig is officially underway! I hope everyone is having a lot of fun this week blog hopping and partying it up with THE ULTIMATE BLOG PARTY!!! I know I am, and there is plenty more to come, so lets get started here at Georgikids and have a blast today!!!

I will be posting yummy recipes, fun crafts, and wonderful beauty tips all throughout the day today along with a few tidbits here and there of other fun things I come up with, so drop by often to check out whats new and pick up some great ideas! Remember too that I will be asking a question in each blog I post today pertaining to the UBP and at the end of the day today will be picking three lucky winners of a hair bow or clippie set of your choice from my Georgikids Etsy shop. In order to qualify to win, you must post a comment to as many blogs as possible here today with the answer to ea. question in the appropriate blog, then on YOUR blog, post a comment (only one sometime today) about The Georgikids Shindig (please let me know where the post is so I can go there and read it). I will chose the winners based on how many blogs you comment to, how many answers that you get right and the comment posted on your blog or website. So, now that we have all that out of the way, LETS GET PARTYING AND HAVING SOME FUN!!!


*****EGG SHELL VOTIVES*****

Aren't these just Adorable? Just in time for Easter and a super simple project!

Everything is reborn in spring-- even Easter eggs, which can be transformed into votives for your table. Simple eggcups make a lovely base. First, make a hole in the top of each egg with a pin; enlarge the holes, and pour out the yolks. Clean shells, then dye them with food coloring (follow package directions). Nestle shells in a carton. Cut wire-core wicks to 4 inches long, flatten one end, and fasten in shells with a bit of warm wax. Using a funnel, fill shells with hot wax (tinted with dye pellets). Let cool. Trim the wicks, light, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment