Thursday, March 26, 2009

MOMMY OF THE YEAR AWARD



OMG!!! I have been awarded the MOMMY OF THE YEAR!!! A BIG thanks goes out to Veronica Lee over at OF Mice and raMEN for this wonderful award! Thank you Veronica!! It's always so nice to be given a special award like this. I feel honored! I came across this little poem that Andrew gave me a couple of years ago along with a molding of his little hand (Mother's Day project in Sunday School)and thought it was appropriate to post along with my award. It is sooo sweet.


FINGERPRINTS

Sometimes you get discouraged,
because I am so small
And leave my little fingerprints
on furniture and walls
But everyday I'm growing
And soon will be so tall
That all these little fingerprints
Will be difficult to recall.
So here's a little handprint
that you can put away
So you will know how my fingers looked
on this special day!

***Author Unknown***


I get the pleasure now of honoring 5 other wonderful mothers with this award. There are so many super ones out there that is very hard to chose, but the following are mom's who I have met that I truly feel that deserve it.

1)Sandy from Tales from a Shop*A*Holic Mommy

2)Jacqueline from My Lil Guyz

3)Kim from Little Ladybug Designs

4)Erin from Closing Time

5)Mommy Mo from Growing up Mo

Congratulations to these wonderful Mommy's!!!

***Mom of the Year Rules***

- Rule 1 -
Admit one thing that you feel awful about involving being a mom! Wow, there are sooo many things! I guess a good one is that I feel really awful when I can't participate in EVERY school activity with Andrew. I try really hard to make ALL the field trips, but there are times (once in a great while) when I just can't make it, and that look of dissappointment on his little face just about kills me.

- Rule 2-

Remind yourself that you are a good mom!
Even though I can be tough sometimes, I know it is the right thing to do at the time to make them grow strong, have good values, and be respectful.
Spending quality time with them each and every day is very important to me, even if it only a few minutes.


- Rule 3 -

Send the award to 5 other Mom's Of The Year that you feel deserve credit for being great mom's and remind them they are the best mom they can be! Remember to send them a note to let each one know you selected them and add a link to the person who nominated you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! What a beautiful post :O) So positive and encouraging! Thanks so much for nominating me....this really made my day!!! You are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete